Friday, December 22, 2006

Pre-Christmas Catch Up. *updated with photos.

It's another one of those posts. A catch-up post with several random thoughts mashed together pretending to be a real post! It'll probably be my last post until boxing day, unless by some miracle I have some free time tomorrow to post and something actually interesting happens from now until then!

~Aliens have invaded. Sabre, my grumpy, pissy, bitchy cat has disappeared, and in her place, some cute, cuddly, friendly, cat that's full of kisses has replaced her. I have no idea what happened! The cat who would never let me pick her up to pet her, is now tolerating not only being picked up, but being picked up UPSIDE DOWN, and is not only tolerating that, but is PURRING when I do it. She's always been a little warmer towards me than towards other family members, but seriously, something in her has changed in the past little while. She'll even PLAY with me, like a kitten! She's been cuddling in bed every night, and will even stay on the bed if I roll over or accidently kick her, which in the past was always the trigger to make her let out a hiss and run away!
"It's true, all of it is true. And I. Am. So. Embarrased!"

~Seriously, I don't deserve this! I REALLY wanted a burger last night. A spicy burger. I was going to go to Wendy's and get one, but was too lazy to do that. That, and Wendy's is sort of far away when you're lazy. So, Armondo got up off the couch, without saying anything, and made me a burger. It was a grilled chicken burger, and it was seriously THE. BEST. BURGER. I. HAVE. EVER. EATEN. He made this awesome spicy cheese sauce and everything. Oh man, I'm salivating just thinking about it!

~I'm evil. As if it isn't hard enough for a one and a half year old to resist touching a Christmas tree, but now I've added insult to injury and have put actual presents under the tree that she's not allowed to touch! Oh, but she's doing so well! I'm so proud of her!

~I'm crazy! So, due to the fact that I'm "due", I decided I wasn't going to travel anywhere this Christmas. So, umm.. we're having Christmas dinner here. And, including our little family, there will 12 people here for dinner! In our 1100 sq.ft house. With our junky little dining table, and our outdoor plastic lawn furniture! Oh, I'm so excited! (Did I mention that all of the family that's coming are my inlaws? That's right. None of MY family is coming, in fact, the majority of my family is MIA these days. Which means, it's just me against all of THEM. Wish me luck!)

~We are now officially your typical nuclear family. We got a mini van. It only took several days of test driving different vans and several hours sitting around in a dealership doing paper work, and we got ourselves a van. Yeah, and we forgot to bring extra diapers for Cherry that day too, so she had to run around with a full diaper for a couple of those hours while we did the paper work. She wasn't overly impressed, but was surprisingly good about it. You know? Having a mini van really rocks in bad weather! You can actually get INTO the vehicle while you're strapping the kid in, and you don't have to get rained on! Oh? and also? Key pad on the door in case you or your kid locks you out! So, she's locked me out of the house, but she will NOT lock me out of the car! (All the comments you guys made about that totally freaked me out!)

~I'm excited. This Christmas morning is going to be awesome! Cherry is so funny these days. Everything is "OOOHHH" and "WOW!" I'm looking forward to her reaction to her new tricycle and Little People Castle.

~So over baking. I have done SOOO much baking this year. I still have a couple of things to make, but I'm not totally sure if I'm going to or not. Tonight's the night to do it if I'm going to at all... The major problem isn't so much the baking itself, it's all the "testing"... which leads me to the next item.

~So over weight! I am seriously a porker this pregnancy. I've already gained close to 10 pounds more than my last pregnancy, and I still have some time yet to go. Dang you Christmas baking!

~Pain! GET. OUT. OF. MY. BELLY! The pain is killing me! The pressure on my pubic bone, the back pain, the indescribable pain that wakes me up screaming in the middle of the night and crying in pain for more than ten minutes... it's gotta stop. Baby, it's time to come out!

So, there you go. Some little tidbits. I'll be back in a couple of days hopefully with pictures from a great Christmas celebration!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF MY AWESOME READERS!Happy Ho Ho!

5 comments:

Erin said...

You two are so cute!

*hug*

Sorry I haven't been around much - I've been reading your blog, but I haven't commented lately. Hope you feel better and a healthy babe is born soon.

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture.

You make me want to never, ever get pregnant, you know. :P

Anonymous said...

What a Wonderful picture. You are both so cute!
Cherry has got to be one of the best behaved babies around. She Really doesn't touch the tree? Neither of my kids could resist at that age (or now), but, then, I never took a stong stand on that. Good for you!
Sorry about the misery. The only good thing about it is that it will soon end, and all those extra cookie calories will be burned up producing milk for the new baby, so enjoy!

Evan said...

Have a fantastic Christmas, its snowing here (Oz in Summer???) so I'm reminded of you guys.
Good luck with the new bub, hope it is soon man.

Ev xxx

CeCe said...

Erin~I know you've been busy! Thanks for the well wishes!

Sarah~NOT ALL WOMEN have horrible pregnancies. Or so I've been told!

MR.Fab~Thanks!

Melora~She's well behaved, yes, but she DOES touch the tree. She needs to be "reminded" that she's not supposed to. But she's pretty good overall.

Evan~What is WRONG with the world these days?!?! That's crazy!