Monday, September 18, 2006

Autumn... sort of like Spring, but not really.

Oh, I love days like today! The air is crisp, the leaves are turning, the world smells clean after a nice rainfall. It was the perfect day for gardening! So I attempted to plant some tulip bulbs. Actually, I DID plant some, but after I'd planted them, I realized that the garden I was planting them in probably wasn't even going to exist in the spring, so then I un-planted them all. (The garden surrounds our huge, rotten maple tree that we're probably going to take down in the spring.) Ha ha. Oh well, another day I'll get them into the ground.

It's Monday today, which means it's my "Big Clean" day. Monday's are the day that I wash all the sheets and vacuum the floors. In reality, I should vacuum more often, but that SO is not going to happen any time soon.

Monday is also the day that I catch up on any other cleaning I may have been getting behind in. There's no excuse not to clean the kitchen and bathroom on a Monday.

And today, I tried to do a little extra too. I cleaned my front closet! That closet has been so messy and overrun with junk for so long that I just finally had to do something! I got four shallow boxes and put them on the top shelf and labeled them "Toques and Hats", "Scarves and Safety", (Safety meaning reflective stuff for walking in the dark), "Leashes and Harnesses" (for the dogs) and "Gloves and Mitts". The four boxes fit perfectly on the shelf (with no pre-measuring or planning), and just look so neat and tidy!

Now, I have approximately 2 and a half hours before the season premiere of CSI:Miami to go and find some other tidying task!

10 comments:

CeCe said...

pink~I had tulips and dafs for my wedding bouquet.

Erin said...

Okay, I know we've had this conversation, but tell me the difference between a toque and a hat again? They're all hats here - I'd never heard the word toque before my sister came home from Arctic Winter Games saying it.

Oh, and good for you for cleaning on Mondays. I wish I'd accomplished as much!

Kim said...

I like tulips, but we just don't hav much of a blooming season here. Too warm for them. I plant some other bulbs, but don't have to worry about the ground freezing.

Good luck on your cleaning. What is a toque?

joyce said...

I really should change sheets sometime........
Liked your post about your sweet baby girl turning into a real kid. It happens to all of them, but why when you're anticipating another small baby child?!

Anonymous said...

You've inspired me to clean!

CeCe said...

Pink~Well, it would totally suck walking down the aisle with a puffy face and sneezy nose!

Erin~A toque is a woolen cap, or what you guys call a beenie.

Kim~I love '"Birds of Paradise" Do you have those in your garden? A toque is a woolen cap, or a beenie.

Joyce~It's probably ok, 'cause at least I'll have another baby right away and I won't get too sad!

Anne G~oh good!

Anonymous said...

God. I need a Big Clean Day.

And a Massive Load of Chocolate Day.

K. said...

Girl, are you nesting already?! ;)

CeCe said...

Jenny~Mmm... chocolate!*runs to cupboard and starts eating all the chocolate baking chips*

K~ALREADY?!?! Darlin' I've been nesting for two years now!

Anna said...

My first thought was you were nesting too....I got tired just reading that post!

This is my favourite time of year as well - I just love it, until it starts to rain.