Monday, August 07, 2006


I was doing so well there for awhile. SOOO well. I was writing every day, and I have to say that some of it was even half-decent. And now? Not so much. So again, you get a note form post with some life updates.

~The MIL finally visited. The pictures from the last post were all taken during her visit, and the truck in the picture was one of her "birthday" gifts. Cherry's birthday was almost a month ago. Cherry has been walking for over 3 months now, and it turns out that her grandmother, who only lives an hour and a half away, had never actually seen her walk before. Hmm.. maybe you should come around more often? Oh well, she's doing much better than MY mom whom I haven't talked to since I was 7 months pregnant with Cherry.

~Early last week, my friend Sarah came to visit before she took off to Japan to teach English. After having a bit of a visit at our house we decided to go out for dinner. It's been awhile since I've taken Cherry out to eat in a public place, but I was pretty sure that we were limited to going to a "family restaurant". So, we went to a close by all-day breakfast/lunch/dinner place (much like Denny's) and set her up in her high chair. Right from the start, she was bored, so I thought it might be a good idea to give her a creamer to play with. Wait... Did I say "good idea"? Um, yeah, I was so wrong! The creamer went straight into her mouth and minutes later the cream shot out all over the place. I couldn't help but laugh, when myself and my bench were splattered with cream. But then, I tried really hard to stop laughing when I looked over to the next table (which was luckily unoccupied) and saw that Cherry had somehow skillfully splattered cream spots on EVERY SINGLE piece of cutlery, as well as every coffee cup, AND she hit every napkin. The whole table had to be reset and everything had to go through the dishwasher. I apologized to the server, between giggles and did my best to wipe up everything I could.

I had forgotten to take the creamer away from Cherry though. Shortly after I had sat back down, she hucked the creamer straight at me and the rest of the cream landed in. my. ear. YUCK!

Then, what seemed like forever later, the food arrived. The food didn't actually take that long to arrive, but when you've got a bored toddler, time goes by a lot slower. Sarah and I dug into our food, while I gave little bits and pieces of my food to Cherry.

Turns out that having two dogs at home actually makes LESS housework for me rather than more. I rarely have to clean food up from around the high chair at home. In the restaurant, it was a totally different story. There was food everywhere in a 3 foot radius from the chair. Because I'm a server in my alternate life, there was no way I was going to leave the mess everywhere, so at the end of the meal, the fat pregnant lady was on her hands and knees cleaning up little bits of roast beef, French fries, and soggy bread.

What fun.

~My b0obs hurt. My kidneys hurt. I think I might be having some cervix problems. I'm exhausted. My mind is not working properly. I keep on getting nose bleeds. I would like to fast-forward the next few months and get this baby out of me.

~Armondo should be coming home on Wednesday, hopefully. I'm excited about him coming home, but I'm not getting too worked up about it, 'cause I'm scared that the day will change like it did over and over last time.

~My dad's still living here. He'll be here until at least half way through the month. I told him that he had to contribute more to the house if he was going to stay, and he agreed. I tried to offer him "options", but he just told me to tell him what to do. So I told him he had to keep the yard up. Weed the gardens, water the gardens, mow the lawn, etc. So far, he's done a half-assed job of sweeping the living room floor. Yeah, not exactly something I asked him to do, but oh well. If he doesn't do some yard work in the next two days, I'm going to freak out at him.

~Did I mention that I'm exhausted?

No comments: