Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers' Day!


Today was my first Mothers' Day. It was great. I love being a mother!

Being a mom has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am truly blessed.

I take my job as a mother very seriously. I want to do my best to give my best to my child(ren).

Both of my children (I'm including the one in my belly in this statement) were planned and wanted.

I researched the job and continuously do so. I talk to other parents and read other parents' experiences in order to have some insight so I don't go into things blindly.

I am a very opinionated mother. And in my opinion, I am better at being a mother than I have been at doing anything else. (So far).

Being a mother is the one thing that I always knew I wanted to be and do. And I always wanted to be good at it.

It might be wrong for me to think I'm a good mother, and to think that I might be better than other mothers, but isn't that my prerogative? I mean, if you work really hard at being an artist, or being a lawyer and you think you're better than other artists or lawyers, is that so wrong? (Sorry, just trying to justify some nasty things I said in my last post.)

I hope I don't fail my children!

***


Armondo and I are horrible at keeping gifts a secret. Usually by October, we've given each other our Christmas gifts. Birthdays, we can't help but give too many hints. And I'm just plain good at guessing.

Anyway, for mothers' day I gave a bunch of suggestions, 'cause Armondo didn't even know where to begin. I guessed one of my gifts. I didn't know I would be getting more than one gift, but when I came home last night from getting a movie (Fun with Dick and Jane-darn good), I walked into the bathroom and saw empty bags from Ben Moss (jewelry) and Lush (body products).

"Armondo!? You might want to go into the bathroom" I say.
"huh? What?" He walks into the bathroom and sighs. "STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!"

It's impossible for us to give gifts secretly! Even when we TRY, we still screw up!

So, this morning, I was allowed to sleep in, and was awoken by the smell of a beautiful breakfast of eggs benny on homemade bread, sausages, fried potatoes, PRAWNS, and a beautiful fruit salad.

For gifts, I got the Timex watch I had wanted, some cute little diamond stud earrings and a massage bar (Which, of course, comes with the unsaid promise of a massage!!) I also got two cards. One from Armondo that said a bunch of mushy cute stuff, and one from Cherry, where Armondo guided her hand to say "It was very nice of you 2 bee my mommy, I love u, Cherry."

We then all had a nap, and went for a 6 km walk. It was a very nice day.

After we got home, we put Cherry down for bed, and Armondo made me a nice dinner of bbq chicken made with homemade bbq sauce and potatoes, veggies and salad.

I am so spoiled!

Happy Mothers' Day to me! And to you!

7 comments:

Belinda said...

Yup, you're spoiled! But hey, it's not like you haven't been working hard, and don't deserve it. Very lucky babes you have, to have you for a mom.

CeCe said...

Belinda~Thank you! A very nice thing to say!

Kim said...

I have been reading your blog for a little while now. I have been enjoying it. You have a special husband. What a sweet day you had and I hope it makes up for the past ones that have not been good.

Your picture with Cherry if sweet.

Mr. Fabulous said...

Another great picture. It sounds as if your first Mother's Day was just perfect.

Good for you guys!

CeCe said...

Kim~I was wondering when you'd quit delurking ;) Welcome! And yes, my husband is very special, and I do LOVE that picture!

Mr.Fab~It really was perfect!

Evan said...

Happy Mothers day mate

Sarah said...

Your post makes me very hungry.